Time to get back in that saddle
I’ll admit it’s been some time since I’ve posted on my blog. Sometimes life just kind of gets in the way. What can you do? Here’s a brief rundown of what’s been going on over the last few months.
- I managed to beat NaNoWriMo for 2019. That shit was awesome. The pride I felt at finishing 50,000 words in a single month on a story I’ve been dreaming on for years…Yeah, that was a rush. Unfortunately, I kind of lost steam with the holidays rolling in.
- I had surgery in January. It was supposed to be life-changing (in a good way), but as it turned out, the doctor didn’t pay attention to my needs at the consultation and wound up giving me the wrong surgery. I’m still mad.
- Later that month, and the day before my birthday, my grandma died. Her loss hit me hard. I couldn’t focus on my writing for a long time.
- The corona. I haven’t gotten it so far. I’m hoping things stay that way. Unfortunately, I take an immunosuppressant, so I spend a lot of time anxious.
- I was lucky enough to have a job that didn’t really get affected, but there have been a lot of changes, so it’s been way more challenging (and stressful).
It’s been a lot to deal with. I find myself in the dumps more often than not, which really sucks. Adding all the shit that’s going on in the US has made the feeling worse. It’s not fun breaking down in tears to your husband because you’re frustrated about the world. He took it in stride! Still, I feel bad about it.
Anyway, I’ve decided to try blogging again as a way of maybe offsetting the frustrations. Now that I’ll be furloughed one day a week for June, I have more opportunities to drown myself in writing. Plus, I’m feeling bolder (just a bit), so I’m branching out.
The plan now is to release one of my novelettes on Smashwords. Bait due to release on 6/2. It’s been quite a ride trying to figure out how to pull this off. Lurking on r/eroticauthors has been essential reading! Do I expect anything to come out of self-publishing an erotic story? Not at all. But the fact that I’m taking the risk is EVERYTHING.
So, if you want a fun dark urban fantasy story to read, Bait will be available soon. You set the price (or none at all). I’m doing this for personal enjoyment and entertainment. Also, Smut Writer on Facebook still gets several likes a day, though I haven’t done anything with it. It’s weird, but fun. I guess now is a good time to be naughty? We’ll see!